If you don't want children, PLEASE DON'T HAVE THEM!! God/dess knows we don't need more abused, neglected, badly treated people running around. We don't need to have more people who have been damaged by feeling unwanted or like they aren't living up to their parents' expectations or whatever head fuck you would perpetuate on them.
People who WANT children do enough of that by accident.
But don't roll your eyes at me because I had one.
I like him. This "mom" thing is pretty cool. When he was inside, it was kind of like Alien, except he didn't kill me when he came out. And watching him see the world with new eyes was so fucking astounding!
Watching him learn about the ugly bits has been hard, too. When people hurt his feelings because he doesn't fit in their box, it makes me want to hurt them. I have a far greater courage for him than I ever had for myself.
He has learned some stuff from me, but he comes up with such neatness on his own and I GET TO WATCH FROM THE FRONT ROW.
And there is a lot of time when he makes me batshit. I keep forgetting he doesn't know stuff just because I do. That there are some things I've neglected to teach him and osmosis hasn't worked for them.
So, some days, he's an idiot.
But he's my idiot and I had him on purpose.
Like people who don't want children should NOT do.
No comments:
Post a Comment