Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My husband

I married Jay when I was 22 and (2 years later) we moved to Charleston. We had Christopher when I was 31. I don't think he really wanted to be a father, but felt like he was supposed to. And knew I intended to be a mother, so that was part of the deal.

When Christopher was 2.5, I left and moved to NC.

When he was 6, I married Bill, the Evil Stepfather. It didn't start that way, but it is Christopher's perception. And he was truly an asshole for the second half of the marriage.

When we had been married 6 years, I kicked him to the curb. Not quite a year later, I bought this house.

Three years later I met Chuck. Chuck was not optional. He was who I was hoping those other 2 guys were. We didn't GET married. We ARE married. We were created for each other when the Universe first breathed out Reality.

There were other relationships between there an here, but they were all practice and refiners for this.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

dianesowo said...

Brava! I've known 2/3 of the husbands and IMHO Chuck is a keeper! I'd like him even if he were not your sweetie.