I found an article about dancing a labyrinth by Sherry Bulel several months ago. I really like the article. I love the idea of allowing grace to move into and through us.
But I didn't join her online community. It feels unbalanced to me.
Not Unbalanced/whack job. Unbalanced/all yin-no yang.
And that's fine. There are a lot of communities working on helping people to find joy in the world and that's a good thing. There are a lot of gloom-and-doom websites, too. I don't join them, either.
_____________________________
"Why do you do that if it hurts?" "'Cause it feels so good when I stop."
_____________________________
In The Desert
~Stephen Crane
In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said: “Is it good, friend?”
“It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;
“But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart.”
______________________________
I frequently use the metaphor of Reality as an amusement park to myself and when I'm talking to my sweetheart. Sometimes, the Hall of Mirrors is appropriate; usually when I'm talking about Maya/delusion/ego. Sometimes, its the roller coaster; usually when I mean the story/life of the meat.
In this instance, going with the roller coaster is correct.
______________________________
I am not comfortable with all one or all the other. The roller coaster goes up AND down. The raft pops up on the other side when you lean on it.
Only looking at one side feels like sticking my fingers in my ears singing la-la-la-la-la.
______________________________
It amuses me to find this, TODAY, to add to this post.
1 comment:
That is the ONLY poem (other than song lyrics) that I have committed to memory.
Post a Comment