I was doing a tedious piece of home-tending and it occurred to me that letting go is like making mayonnaise.
I have been told by I-don't-know-how-many people that making your own mayo is ridiculously simple and the end product it much more lovely than the prepackaged crap that you get from the grocery. Then they would tell me how to do it and it sounded HARD. Complicated. Not the Easy Thing they kept insisting was the case.
But, finally, I quit fighting with my fear and just did it. There were only 3 ingredients and it was perfect. (OK. I didn't like the taste of canola oil in it, but it was still actual mayo and the metaphor still holds.)
Be here, be Now. Chop wood, carry water. It sounds too easy. Like there has to be a trick. But it isn't. The hard part is letting it be easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment