Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weather

My attitude about weather has changed and I think the change is fairly recent.

I like it.

All of it.

Even the "less than optimal" days.

I don't mind rain. It means my well is being filled and my plants are happy. I bitch a little about having to mow, but I'd rather not have to water the fruit trees.

I don't really mind cold. I have coats and a functioning heating system in my house and the place I work. And it reminds me to appreciate the heat of summer.

I don't really mind heat. I have working AC and a quick run through a shower makes me pretty instantly comfortable. And the blistering days of summer remind me to appreciate the chill of winter.

But it isn't just that I can alleviate the discomfort of weather with coats or umbrellas or temperature control. Weather is the circulatory system of the planet. I like for it to be in good working order and what ever is happening in the sky is the right thing to be happening at the time.

I love the variety that is available. All blue skies and mild days would eventually just be boring. Sunsets, sunrises, clouds doing whatever dance they have a mind to are just beautiful.

Weather delights my eyes and my skin.

No comments: